Wednesday 15 February 2012

WHITE TONE FACE POWDER: REVIEW


I have this weird urge to try out new products that come in the market especially if the ads are good and if it is cheap. To say that I often fall for marketing gimmicks is an understatement. It goes without saying that I have had some very bad experiences as an impulsive buyer. I often tell myself I will not buy any makeup products unless I have read their reviews but sometimes I get tempted by the cute packaging and trendy ads.




Well coming back to the white tone face powder, I got the 30gm pack. I always get the smaller pack when I am trying out a new product unless I have heard really good reviews about it. The packaging looks cute and I came home and tried it immediately. The ads claim that it will make you 2 to 3 shades fairer immediately after using it. Although I didn’t buy the fairness claim I expected it to make my skin brighter and more even. To say that it was completely useless would not be true. It made my skin matt and more even and slightly brighter. Infact it did exactly what any other face powder does. Nothing more nothing less. In fact I have used talcum powders by ponds that was much better. I wanted to give the white tone powder another chance another chance, so I applied it and went outside. Iwas outside for about 2 hrs and the effect of the powder did not even last for half an hour. I have combination-dry skin and the powder did not help in keeping the oilies away L. Well total disappointment. Lucky that it was’nt costly. I would never recommend it to anyone. There are many other face powders available in the market that do a better job.



Price: 55 Rs for 30 gms
PROS
None. I would not call it a bad product. Just that it doesnt live up to its claims. You can probably get a better product at the same time.
Negatives
The only way this powder will make you fairer is if you mix it in water and paste it all over your face. 

No comments:

Post a Comment